Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Time Flies...When You are Living Life

So Nadia will be 3 at the end of October. It does not seem like it has been that long but then it does! She is so grown.  I have been in party planning mode! She told me she wanted 5 parties but I told her no so she says, " OK, maybe 3!" So I am doing a big one and then one with her cousins at the house and something like Chucky Cheese or Incredible Pizza. I guess she is spoiled but after all she is going to be 3! So no party next year! (I say that now!) I am trying to take her to DisneyWorld. It is just so hard saving money when there is no extra!

Anyhow, I am amazed at how this time is flying! Just last year, I was saying 2014- I am going to do this, I am going to do that. I have done much of nothing. It has been all I could do to stay focused on maintaining day to day life. My friends and I made our end of the year vision board. I think one of my problems was not having my vision board done at the beginning of the year. But it is hard to have positive visions when everything looks so gloomy. Thank God for friends, huh?! So as time is flying by and life is passing me by, I am proud that I can say being a mother has been a priority for me and all else pales in comparison. I do have personal goals that I must accomplish for myself which in turn will make me even more productive in this journey as a mother, professional, and friend.

So as these days continue to zoom by and hours race under my feet and the minutes vanish into thin air, I am planning and doing and facing personal challenges and goals. Of these, I will list a few:

1. Reduce debt.
2. Reduce body fat.
3. Increase activities.
4. Travel more even if it is road trips.
5. Cook more.
6.  Go after the life I want! I wish I could attend Oprah's tour!

OK, if you are reading this, make a list- work on it. I have a more detailed list with short term goals that will get me to my long term goals. I do best by seeing it on paper, marking it off as I go. Keep a calendar of the days you work out and/or miles you walk or run. Write down everything you spend so you can see what senseless spending can be eliminated. I spoke with a financial planner who told me I could be debt-free ( of all student loans and ALL) in half the time I figured. I am focused and driven. Do what you have to, to get motivated to make your life better no matter where are you in life.

Now to planning my almost 3 year olds party!

3 comments:

Baby Shopaholic on September 10, 2014 at 9:29 PM said...

Time does fly! I can't believe Nadia is going to be 3!

CurlyHead on September 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM said...

I remember you said she wasn't going to have another party until she was 5!! But you gotta celebrate in some way, even it's something small.

Candace Howe on September 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM said...

I had ALL these plans for 2014 and well it's 14 weeks til Christmas and here I am with some of these plans still not done smh. Making a list is a good idea, checking them off is encouraging. GOOD LUCK!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews