Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Planning QT Time with my Cutie

Don't get me wrong! Nadia and I always kick it.... but there is a difference in spending quality time and spending time. I am planning on taking a day off every month and taking Nadia out of school or care and it just be her and I! It is happening tomorrow. I miss her while I am work. It seems inhumane to be working all of the time and my baby girl is away with people that are not her family. I wish I could be a stay at home mom with wealth and want for nothing. But it was not in the cards. I would not want to be at home all of the time anyways. I would be out doing something with the makeup, the HIV education, with kids or helping older folks, something. We have to work. Many of us do and it is ok!

Anyways, it is important to let the little ones know they are important and you are not just into your job or business. So, I am going to let her know, " We are spending the whole day together tomorrow!" I already know she is going to be excited and say "The whole day????"" Malco theaters has their summer line up for kids on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for $2 and we will see How to Train your Dragon 2 (trailer below; she loves the movies!),  lunch, come home nap, cook together and then start our indoor mini garden (that is the plan)!


Here are some of the things we plan to do this summer on weekends and on some of my off days (you can too);

1.  Window shopping
2.  Flower hunting
3.  Visit the zoo
4.  Visit all museums in your city
5.  Find a magic show
6.  go on a play date
7.  Have a lemonade stand 25 cents a cup!
8.  Make and record a dance routine
9.  Swim lessons
10. Rainforest Cafe in Nashville
11. Have a picnic
12.  Go on bike rides on a double bike
13.  Take some outdoor photos
14.  Play frisbee
15. Paper maichee
16. Make a cardboard playhouse


This does not mean that I am not going to engage with her on regular working days. We still have our time all of the time! That is my road dog!  I just want to get more out of our lives together while I am here. Tomorrow is not promised and yes I have to admit, I am getting older. I want to savor her and make memories as often as I can. And it does not have to cost money all of the time!

2 comments:

CurlyHead on June 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM said...

I miss you guys bigtime!!! Well overdue for some QT!!

Jayme and Mendi on June 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM said...

Aw we hope that you had a great day with Nadia! That's awesome that you are planning some mommy/daughter time. Making so many wonderful memories!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews