Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Approaches

Somewhere along the line, I have lost my vigor and my motivation. I decided to post.. Who knows who will read but I cannot keep it bottled in and I am not the person who calls people with my worries or thoughts. I just don't do it unless it is MAJOR. People ask me all of the time, "Why do you think you are bothering me? You can call me anytime." I just know that other people have more issues and different issues and don't need to hear any more. I have always been the one that people call for me to listen.  Well for some time now, I have been in limbo... seems I have no movement. A few health issues  and a few personal choices in life have probably got me here- in this limbo. I haven't been working out, talking to friends, going to church, entertaining, promoting my business, blogging or traveling. Those that know me- know that I am not this chick.  In an attempt to blog more, I will take to posting my thoughts of today.

So I need to develop some new approaches to tackling day to day life. I am going to look back at this post and try to see if it can help me out of this BLAH!

One step I have taken this past week was to join the YMCA. I will try to go for at least 30 to 45 minutes 2 to 4 times a week. I have to be where I am. And where I am currently is not extra time in my life. Through the week, it is difficult to get anything accomplished because the nanny leaves as soon as I get home and I am then in mommy mode. I need to incorporate working out into the schedule when the Hubs is not busy or at work. So I am going for 2 days as the minimum and if I make it to 4 days  then YAY me! It starts today after work! I am also planning on taking Nadia once a week to get in pool with me. We missed the Mommy and Me classes but will enroll in the next session.  I am starting volleyball back up as well. It is sad that there is a treadmill in the home and I have used it maybe 10 times in the 2 years it has been there! I have to do something because I am very unhappy with my physique at this point. Very self conscious and embarrassed. The muffin is in full effect and I hate it. I love to eat but I am now sitting down at the job at the Veterans Hospital more than I did ever at Walgreens. So I am packing on the pounds. I will get it off. Starting today.

Another thing I plan on doing is planning a trip for my birthday. I want to go to Dominican Republic. I know that it is around the corner and it costs money to go. All of my friends will not be able to attend because money does not grow on trees and believe me I know that occurrence in life can have you so broke no matter how much money you make. But last year I wanted to go to Las Vegas for my birthday and it did not happen due to poor planning and feeling bad for others when they could not go... I also did not want to leave my baby. This year I want to do something I want to do- and I have been dying to go to the Dominican. Planning starts today.

I am revamping by makeup line and business. Plans are in work as I write. I know that I wont make it big and I know that when you do not put effort in, there will be poor results. I have not doing what I am supposed to be doing as a business owner. I have been more like a bystander... and that is because I have and had other priorities and no delegation or road map. I have two assistants now and I hope to get some things accomplished. If it does not move this time I will let it go! I just don't want to give up without really putting my best foot forward as I know I can... Right?

Other things will be to try and move past things that are out of my control. We learn so much in this life. Things like: No matter how nice and genuine you are to others- don't expect the same treatment. Most people are not naturally nice. They have to force themselves to be. Most people think that you being nice to them is a trick and you want something. Some people are just plain jealous and you cannot do anything about that. You learn that you have to be careful in life; that one wrong move will redirect your whole path- some for the better and sometimes for the worst. But you have to take heed to the lessons learned along the way. If you have made poor choices, don't blame others for it. Own up to it and grow and move on. Take care of yourself. No one knows your body like you do. It speaks to you and when it says it needs to rest, let it rest. When it says it needs to move, move. No one knows your heart like God. Talk to him and he will direct your path. Don't worry about what peers or naysayers have to say because this is your life. Don't beat yourself up about things you have done that were not of your character. You are human and you fall short sometimes. Take every opportunity to grow. Don't get depressed! One thing I heard on the radio on my  ride in to work this morning was "when an opportunity of a lifetime appears don't take a lifetime to take the opportunity".


I know I have wrote a novel here but I was heavy this morning with thoughts. One day I will write a book!


“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
Maya Angelou

That is all.... have a great day!


3 comments:

CurlyHead on September 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM said...

You already know I'm a member of the Y and I workout at least 4 days a week. I know it may be harder for you with Nadia but you should definitely utilize the treadmill and weights you have at home. Try and get in at least 30 mins a day. You can do it! I also think it's a great idea to incorporate Nadia in those swim classes - you both need to learn! LOL!!

You know I'm always down for a trip! I know last year didn't pan out but if you get the itinerary together for this year, let's make it happen.

I seen the message last week about the website getting hacked! How in the world did that happen? I think it's a great idea to get that back up and functioning right. You know I'm here if you need my assistance.

I feel you when you say you're always there to listen to everyone else and sometimes you need that reciprocity. I feel the same way at times! There's a lot going on but as long as you have the right people in your corner and keep positive energy in your cypher, you will be fine. Keep your head up sis!! Things will get better. Take it one day at a time.


Our Delightful Home on September 4, 2013 at 4:58 AM said...

My local YMCA has childcare; I hope you are able to find one with childcare as well. The young ladies in the childcare center are really nice in my town. ..I love the mommy and me idea with Nadia, it really sounds like a lot of fun.

Mimi on September 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM said...

You are not alone. I have a ton of things to do and decisions to make regarding my own entrepreneurial path and I don't even know where to start so I just stand still!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews