Monday, July 22, 2013

No New Clothes- Challenge

If you are familiar with Drake then you may have heard or may even bump his singe, No New Friends. "No, no, new........... I still ride with my day one ____________, I don't really need"

Anyways, I am challenging myself not to buy any new clothes for the next 30 days! Reasons are to become financially disciplined, to reward myself  with a nice purchase when I have earned it. I've so many items that I get because they are on sale, they are cute, for an event, etcetera but no real value to them... I don't try to  keep up with the Joneses I just like to shop and it is a joy for me.

This will be hard as if I am already overweight for my current "nice" wardrobe. The "old fashioned" wardrobe is what I can fit. The other reason is even when I go into Target, I see some cute things that I would wear on a girls night, to work out in, or to work, I get alerts from gilt, Rue La La, and Haute Look daily. I love to shop. But honestly, it has been more for Nadia. However, I will not buy 1 piece of clothing for myself for the next 30 days!
Who believes me? I will work with what I have and mix it up! OOOh I am nervous. So I may take some photos to let you see how this works out. I am wanting something new for the Tank, Ginuwine, and Tyrese concert but I have articles of clothing with tags on them in the closet. So we will work it out!

Let's get it!

Happy Monday!


3 comments:

CurlyHead on July 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM said...

Self control Rhonda! You can do it especially if you have new stuff in the closet. It is hard though especially with all of the sites we peruse DAILY! LOL!

Baby Shopaholic on July 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM said...

I need to join you! Let me pick up a few things first then I can start :)

Our Delightful Home on July 23, 2013 at 6:12 AM said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! It's was really hard for me when I did it a couple of months ago, but it felt really good after I accomplished that goal.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews