Monday, January 7, 2013

Motivational Mondays

Hey all! I guess I am a week late wishing you a Happy New Year but Happy New Year to you! I am  going to use this post to reflect on some of the things that I accomplished and did not last year! First, I survived the first year of motherhood! Whoever says it is easy has blatantly lied to you. It is easier when you have help ( I mean unpaid help). That takes some of the stress off and reduces the anxiety that one suffers from lack of sleep, illnesses, and just the routine. We do not have that luxury! I envy the people who have family who is available to come spend the night, or who we can call at a moment's notice and say we want some alone time so we will drop her off. I am grateful for my sister n- laws. They help when they can but they have busy lives as well. My niece's mom is there when I ask. I have a best friend who like another mom to me... she helps when she can but with 4 of her own grandchildren, I seldom ask. But we made it this far! We are blessed!

Another thing, I am proud of is actually launching my makeup line back in September! I have yet to invest the needed time to get it off the ground the way it should be but I am working on strategies now. I am grateful for the support that I have received thus far. It is a work in progress. I do not plan to give up on it until about 2 more years. If there is still not enough time for me to get it going, I will end it.

I lost some weight! I am the smallest I have been in 4 years! Not to say I am small but after the baby, I lost all of that weight but it was not proportioned well. I changed my portion sizes and I chase and carry my baby around.  This has assisted in the loss. I also tried Zumba and I play volleyball when time permits. I love volleyball! I want to be active, I just have to find time. I can button jeans that I have not worn in nearly 4 years!

I am disappointed that I have not got my credit score to where it should be. I have, however, paid most of my credit cards off at the beginning of the year. I also wanted to take a girls trip with my friends that did not happen. I also wanted to build my blog. So hopefully this year, I can do these things. Let's see what 2013 has to offer. I hope for change, success, and much love in this year!




4 comments:

Mrs. Collins on January 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM said...

You look fantastic!! I started a workout regimen and I hope to stick to it. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Channing in The City on January 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM said...

It sounds like 2012 was a good year for you! Congrats on motherhood and the makeup line, sounds so exciting :))

Happy New Year!

Baby Shopaholic on January 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM said...

You had an amazing year! As far as the blog you have grown it! You went to blogher and that was kind of a girls trip too! So You did accomplish that : ) Love you doll and can wait to see you!

Our Delightful Home on January 9, 2013 at 6:08 AM said...

Happy New Year! What a fab year :) Wishing you a productive a prosperous New Year!!!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews