Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Prelude to Thanksgiving

I still can't believe that next week is Thanksgiving and the day before that is my birthday! It seems like just a short while ago I was posting about being pregnant and what to name our baby. Now she is one, almost walking and hubby and I have been married for 5 years and 2 months! My life is flying by so I want and plan to make the most of it.

I have been reading the 30 days of Thankfulness posts on Instagram and Facebook. They are all beautiful and inspiring. So I decided to list a few things here that I can think of today. There may be more later.

1. I am thankful for my abilities. These are the basic abilities that we take for granted.... Walking, talking, seeing, and hearing. For instance, if I was unable to talk.. Nadia would never get so excited as she does when she hears me say her name. There would be no such thing as hearing her first word if I was deaf. You see these things, we- the people who have these abilities, forget about how it would be if they were absent from our lives.

2. I am thankful for love. Love conquers all. I have love all over me from my husband who would catch a grenade for me (queue to Bruno Mars), my brother and mother, to my friends from every walk of my life: Chicago's childhood, high school, college at Southern Illinois University, pharmacy school here in Memphis and co-workers at Walgreens. I am loved and I feel it. It's gotten me through many valleys in my time. These people that love me know wholeheartedly that I love them back. It's a blessing.

3. I am thankful for hope. I had lost my sense of hope at one time in my life. I remember praying to God to help me persevere. I started thinking that i had high expectations that would never be met . I felt that way from constant disappointments at that time- from failed relationships, thieves of trust, and confidence killers when I was on my journey to success. Slowly, things started to look up for me. I learned to trust. I recognized the successful relationships in my life, I gained a new one who turned into my husband. I persevered and took tests over in order to get into the pharmacy school of my choice. When you hope, there is a risk of pain from potential failure but how can you be grateful for the joy and success if you never hoped at all?

I am thankful! Are you?

Was I too deep today? I get like that sometimes...

8 comments:

Aura on November 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM said...

No u were not too deep. I thank God everyday for the small things because they are so easy to overlook. Great post and what's not to love about you? You're an awesome individual :)

Fashion Pad on November 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM said...

Awesome post! Not too deep at all :-) I want to start a new tradition at Thanksgiving where we go around the room and everyone states at least one thing they're thankful for!

Tish Porter on November 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM said...

Great Post. Thank you for being transparent. Most people are scared to do this. But it is through this act that we grow and help others to see along the way that growth is available to all and hope. Love You!

Rhonda on November 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM said...

Thanks you guys. I would love to be more transparent but it is true that it is hard to be so open! These things are true! Love you all for following and reading!

Our Delightful Home on November 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM said...

Thank you for sharing this post! (Love it) This post is truly an eye opener... I am truly thankful for the little things in life.

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mimi on November 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM said...

We all have those feelings!! I have been through many trials in my life and I am learning to see the good in all of them. I am thankful for that ability to choose positivity over negativity no matter the situation!

Rhonda on November 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM said...

That's a good one! I am too!

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama on November 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM said...

Never too deep. Beautiful post. <3

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews