Monday, October 1, 2012

Motivational Mondays

Happy October! I know I have been neglecting the blog the past two weeks. SO much going on with life. Planning parties, taking care of a sick baby who got a second ear infection from her third visit to daycare, catching up on sleep, collaborating with other small business owners who want to throw events with me, going out of town for meetings and work stuff, and being a wife. Sounds like a bunch huh? I don't think I am stressed but my problem is I never know until I am too sick to do anything about it.

Fact is, I am not a person who stays still. I am more calm now since becoming a mom but my mind is always at work. I am thinking and/or worrying about others who need my help, things I have to complete for work, how to promote Pouts and Winks, places I want to go, things I want to do, and people I want to see. I do not know if my mind ever rests. How do I slow it down? I tried to meditate while in pharmacy school but my lack of focus and discipline to stay and be still ruined it. I may need to try that again.

What do you all do to rest your mind? Am I the only one out here with so many thoughts and plans  that I want to come to fruition?



7 comments:

kita on October 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM said...

My mind is like that also. I am teaming up with some people to do my 4th blog...yeah its a lot but it keeps me busy. A busy mind is a youthful one I do take time to meditate and relax at least for an hour everyday. Good luck on your new adventures and let me know if you want to promote in the mag or on my blog page would love to have you

Tia on October 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM said...

I have a hard time resting my mind too. I try to relax and pray to ease my mind when I feel like I need a break. That card is too funny!

Invigorating Beauty on October 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM said...

I'm coming up with so many ideas, I don't know what to do. I didn't realize how busy my life was. I joined the PTA board at my kids school, and OH MY GOD!!! That is work. Trying to keep everything running smoothly at home, while my husband at work. Wanting to start two different businesses. One for myself and the other for my husband and I. I've started working out more. By the time I'm done with everything....I say, I need time for me to relax. And Saturday I was sick, but I ran anyway, and relaxed in my spa tub for 2hrs and 30 mins. That relaxation was long over due. But hey sometimes we just have to do it.

Rhonda on October 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM said...

Oooh I will soak in the tub! I don't do that often and we have a great one. That's a great idea. I am proud of you for your business start ups! Congrats on everything!

Baby Shopaholic on October 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM said...

You should try Theanin with Relora.. your a Dr so you know what it does. It helps keep my mind from racing at night so I can get a little sleep!

Invigorating Beauty on October 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

Thanks Rhonda

Our Delightful Home on October 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM said...

You are not the only one; my mind is always racing with ideas... As prior stated, soaking/relaxing in the tub. Sometimes even just laying in the bed with headphones lessoning to great music, I try to keep a notepad with me at all times. Usually in my purse, it is better for me to right down ideas, instead of trying to remember them.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews