Friday, October 12, 2012

Macy's Fall Fashion Event Recap (Part 1)


Saturday, I attended the Macy's Fall Fashion Event that was hosted by Robbie Laughlin. He is a recurring guest stylist on Style Network's show, "How do I Look?".  You may have also seen him on Bravo's "Queer Eye for the Straight Girl". He loves all things fashion and beauty. I wanted the blazer that he had on.

If you follow me on Twitter, you would have seen how excited I was about the fall fashion that Robbie showed us during the mini fashion show! Of course, oxblood is in. Skinny jeans are not going anywhere so you better get on board. Greens, neutrals, and naturals are in. Robbie called those looks, Style Hunter. The Mod Girl will be very relevant with knee high boots, short dresses, and prints. Now he did show furs! Yes real furs! He confessed that he is still a fan of fur and then dropped his mouth from shock that he didn't get booed!  

Bring your pencil skirts, nude pumps, jewel toned skinny jeans, cobalt blue anything into the fall with you! Below are looks shown in the show to give you some inspiration! 



Style Hunter Look


This was one of my favorites
I love the oxblood skinnies by INC
and the grey leather boots by Lucky Brand


Ho-lo dress with slouchy boots and
scarf


Jewel Tones
Hi lo bow dress with tights and booties 

This dress is from the new Nicole Ritchie Collection

Jewel tone skinnies and flats work!



Sweaters and Ponchos
Ponchos and skinnies. I believe this look won over
the 40 and up crowd. 

Aztec print with fringe sweater with jeweled tone
skinnies and Aztec print slouchy boots 



 Leathers and Furs

All black everything! I am a fan of this look! It regal
but chic!

Fur over an evening gown. Ready for the red carpet!

Neutrals and Naturals
This is an example of the natural look. I love the
tied denim top with this floral hi-lo skirt
 with nude pumps. 




 Put a little plum in your life!



Robbie was a great host. He kept the crowd live and attentive and he gave awesome tips on how to perk up your wardrobe. Use these as inspiration and work it!! 

Did you like any of these styles? Do you plan to update your wardrobe by adding any looks? 

I have another post coming to tell you about my the shopping spree I won with Robbie! Stay tuned!





Disclosure: I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere provided me with compensation for this post about Macy's Fall Fashion. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.

4 comments:

Baby Shopaholic on October 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM said...

I like the all black everything!!! Glad you had fun!

Fashion Pad on October 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM said...

Great post and I love the boots you're wearing in that first pic...HOT!

Rhonda on October 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM said...

Thanks girl! They are by Timberland!

Heather on October 15, 2012 at 5:34 AM said...

What a fab event - I love those neutral looks :)

XO
Pearls & Paws

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews