Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us

Nearly 10 years ago, I met my husband. I didn't know at that time that this guy would be "the one". We didn't even hang out after meeting but he was always so respectful, kind, and pleasant to me. Those attributes are rare these days. Very rare. He was in a long term relationship at the time but it didn't matter because there was no idea of "us"! In fact, my classmate had a crush on him. I was in a complicated long distance relationship that I was trying to force to work. I would later find that love is not forced, real love, that is. It's easy. I would later find that each of my past relationships were not the real thing. I would later feel the way a woman should be treated and desired. My husband showed me that.

We started dating 2 years later-after a few weeks of studying for kinetics and therapeutics (both tough courses required to become a pharmacist). It was easy. There was no forcing it. We had very different upbringings- I had a single mother, he had a 2 parent household. I was a city girl. He was from the South. I ran the streets. He was a homebody. But we were still so similar. He got me. We had so much in common- music, movies, ideas of the future, our love for Scrabble, and the good heart that makes us kind. I was eager to spend time with him because he knew how to treat me. I didn't have to teach him a thing! I was ready for love and he was ready to love me. I had been disappointed and lied to so many times in the past, I was content with the fact that there was NOONE in the world who could measure up- who would love me unconditionally and I accept and return. When I least expected it, God gave me Nate. The name Nathaniel means God's Gift and he truly is. No one is perfect, but he's perfect for me!

Today we celebrate 5 years of marriage and 7 years of love. He proposed to me on a Scrabble board. That story can be told on another date!
Happy Anniversary to Us!

14 comments:

CurlyHead on October 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM said...

Love y'all!!!

IceCreamBun on October 6, 2012 at 3:38 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! :D

Pretty Dark Girl Style on October 6, 2012 at 7:27 AM said...

What a beautiful story the two of you have! Love seeing people truly in love and appreciating the gift they have in their mate, partner, boo thang! Congratulations to you and Nate :)

Toni

Tia on October 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is a great photo!!! Your love story is even better!!! Congrats!

SweetIntent on October 6, 2012 at 3:38 PM said...

Aww Happy Anniversary ... I just love Love and that one paragraph story is quite beautiful. And here's to many & many more years

Mimi on October 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM said...

Love this photo!! I want to hear about the Scrabble proposal

Cecilia on October 8, 2012 at 8:08 PM said...

Congrats you two! Y'all are precious and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Mode Haven on October 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM said...

Beautiful story....Happy Anniversary!

TiaLou on October 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Heather on October 9, 2012 at 6:29 AM said...

OMG I LOVE That picture! Congrats to you both!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Our Delightful Home on October 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you guys a life time of happiness :).

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Baby Shopaholic on October 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip!

Kimberly on October 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM said...

Okay -- you are too fabulous! I'm so loving your blog and Happy Belated Anniversary! Praying for the 453 Anniversaries to come! ;]

Kimberly
KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

Brandi on October 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a beautiful couple.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews