Hey all. I decided to ask you all what you all do to get some ideas and/or rules. Hubby and I have never raised a child but we think we have been doing pretty good so far! Anyhow, I have a small questionnaire for you- even if you are not parents- to get some things you have done or seen in these circumstances. Here goes:
1. TV. How much, if any TV should an almost 1 year old get? We let her watch Sesame Street, as she loves Elmo but sometimes we watch our shows and she is in the room and we find that she is trying to watch. So we have decided to put her in her playpen in another room while we watch our shows and to limit her content from TV to 4-5 hours if not less a day. She has been hearing the TV hours on hours since birth because it would always be on. We don't think that it is healthy.
2. Party: I am planning a nice but not extravagant 1st birthday party for her. I have set the theme to a cupcake theme being that she is our little cupcake! However, I look forward to the rest of her birthdays. Some of them I plan to just go on trips and no party. Is she supposed to get a party every year for pictures sake? I am kind of person to do what I want when it comes to that but I don't want to "spoil" her to them!
3. Milk: They say once she is one, she is able to tolerate cow's milk. How do we transition? Do you give 1/2 formula and 1/2 cow's milk. Can avoid cow's milk and give almond milk/soy milk or is she too young for that?
4. Nadia has become extra excited to eat real food. She likes toast, chicken, and spaghetti. What foods are off limits at this age? I have books on it but some of them say one thing and some say another.
5. Gated area: We have like an open floor plan downstairs. This is where we usually are. We have baby proofed the sockets. Now since she can crawl EVERYWHERE, we wonder if we should confine here to a space like the gated area like below. What do you think?
Please take some time and give your take. It would mean a lot!