Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What's up Doc?

So I decided to title this "What's up Doc?'  because they call me Doc at work and I am taking to blogging my thoughts right now! So what is really up with me?

At this point, I feel a little stressed out. In the past, I was unaware of my stress load until I actually got sick and by that time it was too late to relax and unload. Well, I am unloading. I am stressed from work. I think that is a givenright now. Work is becoming more stressful as the year proceeds. This will change though. Mark my words!! LOL!

At home, my closet is so full, yet I have nothing to wear. Hubby said it is time to clean it out and pack all of the clothes that I cannot fit any longer and throw them away. That is practically my whole closet. Point is, the closet is a mess and there is no room for any thing new anyways. I get stressed out just looking at it!! So in a way, I know this is good but it is oooohhhhh so bad to see the amount of money that I have spent on some nice stuff leaving my closet. I would sell it on Poshmark, but I have not time to take and upload the photos. I want to do a garage sale but there are so many rules in my neighborhood. I am not even going to go through the process. So we are giving to Goodwill. I think I am more outdone byt the fact that I have gained so much weight since moving to Memphis. I was 43 pounds lighter when I came and I still have some clothes from then. What am I thinking?!!! I know it can be done but if I do lose 15-20 pounds (that is what is what I want to do), that deserves a new wardrobe!

Nadia caught a bug from her one day in daycare that caused her an eye infection that transferred to both eyes that also causes her to be super stuffy and runny and uncomfortable.  However, she is better than last week but not fully recovered. We go back to the doc today? The cycle continues because Hubby and I have caught the remnants of her bug and we are kind of icky!

In addition to this, I am planning our anniversary trip to Destin, FL. Everyone keeps suggesting that we should leave Nadia here with my mother n law or her aunts. However, I do not want to leave her for 5 days, both parents away, and have no contact. I am not feeling that.  We will be very far away. So I am trying to get my friend to come down for a few days and she be our nanny and still have a free vacation. I am more comfortable with this. I think I will leave her for my birthday trip which is only 2 nights. So we will see.

Lastly, I will have my Pouts & Winks official launch party next Thursday! I just want everything to be nice. It is up against another event in the Downtown Memphis area that is well publicized. My event is planned to be small with no more than 45 people but what if no one shows? That is just how my mind goes. I will preview 2 new collections that night- A Girl's Night Out and a Blogger collection. These items will be available on the site after the party. If you are in Memphis, please contact me if you want to attend.

They say it is a sin to live in fear. I have fear of most things in my life and I need to overcome that!

Thanks for listening or reading.  I just needed the ever so often vent on here!




8 comments:

kita on August 28, 2012 at 7:44 AM said...

Can't wait for your launch make sure you send me an ad so I can put it in the magazine for the upcoming issue.

CurlyHead on August 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM said...

Can we discuss the closet off line?! Wish I could be there for the launch party but I am sure it will be a success!!

Baby Shopaholic on August 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM said...

First of all you look great! I know we are not the size we used to be but you are still fly! Do you think you live in fear? I think you just worry. i worry a lot too! Need to get you some ice wine!

Your party is going to be fab! Yeah, and about those clothes...

Mode Haven on August 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM said...

Congrats on the launch...I would definitely attend if I lived in your area!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the launch! I know it's going to just fab!!! Also, try that heated yoga demo...I hear it pulls weight OFF!

Mimi on August 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM said...

I live in slight fear as well but we have to push past it! I am with you on leaving the baby without at least one of you close by. Hopefully everything will work out.

Someone will be very happy to find your closet in Goodwill. I really think you should take the time to sell them online. At least the proceeds could go to new gear. Then again you could just be a blessing to someone and get blessed in return! Wish I could slide to Memphis for the party.

Our Delightful Home on August 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM said...

You are perfect just the way you are!
I wish I lived closer to attend your event …
Everything will work out 
Do you have any consignment stores near you? I know the ones in my state sell the clothing for you and they take a percentage off of the sale of the item. Also have you considered keeping a few items and selling them whenever you get a chance? Like Mimi stated, I’m sure your clothing will be a blessing to someone else.

Tye on August 31, 2012 at 8:45 PM said...

I think your event will do well and I wish I was able to attend. I also understand your fear of leaving your baby especially since she is so young. I don't blame you. I do think you should give Poshmark a try so that you can work on replacing the clothes you sold. I have sold several items on Poshmakr and it actually

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews