Monday, August 13, 2012

Motivational Mondays - Girls Night In Ideas!

Every girl needs some time with her girls. Sometimes, life makes that difficult because of work schedules, family obligations, financial strain, or no motivation to even kick it. I wanted to share some ideas that I want to do for Girls Night In! This will cut down on cost, the need to get all dressed up, and the stress of finding a place to go. I googled a few things and I will link those. Some I thought of on my very own!!

Scandal Season Premiere Party- Scandal is the new hit series starring Kerry Washington and Columbus Short. It is so addicting and so much drama! We love drama! I think I can get a few of my girls together on September 27 and have a special drink- called Mr President (I will make this up),  a chicken caesar salad, and strawberry shortcake parfaits. How does that sound?

Clothing Swap Party- Have 5 to 6 of your fashionable friends come over with 5 gently used pieces of clothing and or jewelry. Each person takes turn trading one of their items for one of the others. You can make it interesting by allowing everyone to model their new clothes! Finger food and drinks are a must!

Chopped Chicks- Chopped is a cooking show that challenges competitors to use random items that do not go together and create a meal. I am turning mine into Chopped Chicks- the gals will get together and their men will create the baskets of ingredients. Each gal will have a specific course to create( one does an appetizer, one an entree, and one a dessert). The men will be the judges. After eating, the winner will be chosen!! Fun huh!!

Here are some other ideas I found online....

Spa Night at Home

Chick Flick Night 

Host a Potluck 

All of these are awesome ideas. I plan to do  a lot of these. Wish me luck. You should try to plan one yourself! Let me know!



6 comments:

Heather on August 14, 2012 at 6:33 AM said...

SO FUN! Love it! Another idea to go with your "wink" theme could be a fun jeweled/bedazzled eyelash shot (winking of course!)?

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Fashion Pad on August 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM said...

The potluck and clothing swap are right up my alley! Food and fashion.....awesome!

Monica J @Sofamilyonline on August 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM said...

OMG, I am the biggest fan of the show Scandal. I love Kerry Washington and I was addicted to the first season of that show. I even downloaded the episodes on my Ipad, so I wouldn't miss one. So, the Scadal party is an awesome idea. I just may have to steal that one. Lol. Hope to meet you at the next conference. :-)

Tam said...

Love this, especially the Scandal Party!!(stomps foot) glad to see a Memphis Diva blogging like this!!

lovingmsnicole on August 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM said...

Those are great ideas!! I'll have to make plans myself...thanks!!

Nellie on August 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM said...

Great ideas! LOVE the scandal premiere party one, can't wait!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews