Friday, June 8, 2012

Wax on Wax off

Two of my Libra friends (I believe in astrology to an extent) persuaded me that armpit waxing is the bomb and then some. I hate shaving. I hate stubble. I hate pain too so I would rather shave. They informed me that it's not much pain... It's quick and the results are awesome. So I headed on over to the hole in the wall but popular BomBay Salon, where I get my eyebrows threaded (love the results of threading far better than tweeting or waxing).

I entered a room in the back, raised my shirt and my arms, felt the 3 seconds of pain from the initial strip of coarse stubble and there you have it! A smooth waxed pit! I'm hooked! They say return every 3 weeks and soon it will be a month then longer intervals of time because the growth will decrease.

I refuse to post a picture of just a pit because I feel it's inappropriate. After all, it is a pubic area!!! Lol!

Do you get your armpits waxed? Eyebrows threaded? What's your take on these services?

10 comments:

Heather on June 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM said...

A friend of mine swears by laser hair removal, but I'm like you - no pain please!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Nellie on June 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM said...

Huh! Who knew it was so easy. I think I will try that too because I hate maintaining that area and summer time calls for a LOT of sleeveless tops. I am always so scared of the pain, but I suppose as they say, pain is beauty

habbott2 on June 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM said...

Oooh I might have to try that! I have always been afraid as I am terribly wimpy and I cry with eyebrow waxing!

http://confessionsofabeauty-holic.blogspot.com/

Fashion Pad on June 8, 2012 at 12:11 PM said...

Girl I too have a low pain threshold. But then again I don't like the bumps or darkness that can occur from shaving. I just may have to try it. But I can't do the threading...looks too painful!

Farrah said...

I have never had a waxing done on any of my pubic areas, I would rather shave or use Nair.But I do get my brows threaded and LOVE the results. I highly recommend threading compared to waxing or tweezing.

Fashionable Memories on June 9, 2012 at 7:54 AM said...

I like eye brow waxing!!! It is fast and less painful:) I'm so glad to have found your blog. I really enjoy flipping through your blog posts. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me. Thank you so much in advance. I look forward to reading more of your future blog posts and hope to hear from you soon!!! Have a great day!!!

Yolandaas on June 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM said...

I would deffo try it :) I dont mind pain because its over quickly , Im more stingy so I wouldn't like to spend money when i can do it myself.. but then again that is probably worth it ! ..x

Jayme and Mendi on June 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM said...

Don't wax my armpits but I would. I really want to get laser hair removal too!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Nikesha said...

I waxed my pits back in 2004 before us going to miami....never again! Hair grew back to fast! I dont grow much hair under my arms so shavin is not a huge deal and plus hair is fine so dont get that stubby feeling. I will pass and save my money, lol, or spend it on something else :). Threading eyebrows is painful. I like the look but on thin eyebrows like mine not worth the pain!

Mimi on June 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM said...

I have considered getting my armpits done but I'm afraid of the pain. I do get my eyebrows waxed and lately I have been getting a few straggly nasty hairs on my face that I don't like. I'm thinking about getting laser. I would like to not have to worry about these things!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews