Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reality Woes

Hey. I just wanted to share how disgusted I am with what's been happening on the scenes of most reality shows this season. The bullying, jealousy, living beyond means, lying, low self esteem masked by over compensation, and did I say bulling!

This season of Basketball Wives has embarrassed me as a woman and made me feel sorry for most of them. Where is their happiness because it seems they are struggling to find some. Real Housewives of Atlanta had it's problems too. I don't know what to say about the ones in Beverly Hills and Orange County. For most of the women to have agencies and charities, some helping younger girls and women, you would think that a better example of a woman would be made.

Needless to say, my addiction to these shows has been cured and I may only watch Braxton Family Values, my usual singing competitions, and Big Brother.

Are you all having a hard time watching the reality shows these days?

9 comments:

Aura on May 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM said...

Yes! After last week's episode of BBW, I deleted them off my DVR. I couldnt believe how these GROWN women were acting. It's really a shame.

Bonnie on May 16, 2012 at 8:49 AM said...

Sadly, I am a reality TV whore. It's a problem.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

kita on May 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM said...

I watched the entire RHOA but BBW I could not do it anymore if I happened to watch it I would get even more disgusted so I just completely stopped. I love reality shows but sometimes it's a bit too much.

CurlyHead on May 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM said...

I feel the same way. After this weeks ep I was really disgusted and wondered how they thought it was ok to act like that. This whole season has been a lot of bullying and no nonsense bull if you ask me. And these women are grown??

Fashion Pad on May 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM said...

I have never watched them. I refuse to support that debauchery! Those women, regardless of the "claims" they state about producer choosing certain clips to air, are downright sad. This is the price of fame and fortune? Well I'd rather be unknown, penniless, and on my way to heaven. Just my pompous two cents.

Amy Shaughnessy on May 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM said...

I feel like so much of it has gotten trashy! I gave up tv for Lent this past year (I was SUCH a tv junkie) and after my 40 day fast from tv, I was cured. I really only watch 2-3 shows now! What I think is that reality tv is starting to replace dramas on tv. There are so many new shows that start and don't get renewed for a 2nd or 3rd season. I think we may just get rid of our cable. I can probably watch my 2 shows online and we have Netflix so that should be enough...

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Jayme and Mendi on May 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM said...

I watch the Housewives of All Cities and they are hard to take. Right now the Jersey housewives are killing me. And Atlanta, I had to fast forward through some of those reunion shows because I was getting so mad. You shouldn't get mad while watching TV... defeats the purpose of TV! :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Baby Shopaholic on May 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM said...

I agree with Jayme! Tv should not make you mad! I was really upset after watching BBW. Embarrising! They need to end that show!

Cecilia on May 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM said...

I honestly don't watch much tv anymore but I do LOVE big brother!!! Can't wait!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews