Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nutra Nails Express Gel Perfect Review





So one of my new favorite stores is Ulta. A few weeks ago I went crazy when I went in there and one of my purchases was the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect UV Free Nail Color in Blueberry. I was so excited to get it! The claims of this product are:


  • Rock solid in 5 minutes 
  • Patent leather shine
  • Removal is quick and easy
  • Since there is no UV light needed, you can do your mani anywhere
  • So easy to put on and so easy to take off






Well I tried it one night once Nadia was down for the night.   There were too many steps involved. First you apply the activator coat- making sure that its been ten minutes since you washed your hands to be free of lotions and oils. Then you apply the nail color in a thin coat which will be runny and thin. That step has to be done quickly so that the activator coat is not too dry. BOOOOOO!! After that you move on to the opposite hand. You have to do these steps twice for each hand.

Yes you do end up with a patent leather shine but after two days of real life you have chips and fading. Personally, I was disappointed that I invested that much time and effort into something with unsatisfactory  results. True, this was my first attempt to use but I will not again. I can get better results in a shorter amount of time with longevity to the color by just going the old fashioned way. Not to mention, that I cannot remove unless I have the NO Mess Remover or 100% acetone! 

Needless to  say that I will not try again or gift to any of my peeps! Sorry! 





After completion


After 3 days



7 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy on May 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM said...

Thanks for this review! Sorry you spent the money and time and didn't like the results. Thanks for saving all of us from it though! I won't be purchasing that for sure. I have 2 little boys so I do my nails after they go down at night too...:)

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Baby Shopaholic on May 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM said...

Thanks for the review! I was wondering how this works! I may just go back to my natural short nails. I just cant find the time to go to the shop, plus I want to change colors so much.

TiaLou on May 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM said...

I really want to polish my nails more, but the amount of work it takes for only a day or two :/... Thanks for posting!

Fashion Pad on May 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM said...

Gurrrllll....I cannot stand for a product to make a "claim" that doesn't hold up!!! I mean...3 days lata??? Bunch of bs I tell ya...SMH

Samida on May 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM said...

OMG, I was so tempted to buy this this past weekend, but put it back at the last minute. Glad I did!

PR_Style on May 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM said...

Woooow! Well ain't that something? Thanks for letting us know, I was going to try this, but you saved me the trip to the store, the gas money going and the money for buying it. Appreciate it!

http://www.fashionforjojo.com/

Yolandaas on May 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM said...

Gorgeous colour but a shame it didn't last long.. no matter what brand I use though thats what my polishes look like after like one day :/ x

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews