Monday, April 30, 2012

Motivational Mondays




Word on the street is that everyone needs at least one vacation a year. Not a work related trip and not a trip where you HAVE to do anything!  A vacation is really when you get away from your hurried and stressful surroundings and relax. You are free to do what you want when you want. Even a vacation away from home ordering room service and watching movies is a treat. Hubby and I did that for the babymoon last year.

Now that we have baby Nadia, we want to choose our trips wisely and spend smart. So we are heading to Chicago in May. We will HAVE to see my family to show the baby off. I am sure we will be ripping and running a bit but I want to get at least one or two relaxation days in with just us. I think it is possible!



I repeat: everyone needs at least one vacation a year. If time and money permits, I feel 3 is the need. One every 4 months. So get to your calendar, figure out what you alone or you and your family can fit in to get away from the day to day, same old, same old. It does the body good. Many illness come about from lack of rest or too much stress.

Do you have any vacations planned?



10 comments:

Andie Willows on April 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM said...

i live pretty close to the sea - about a two hour drive, so i usually head out over the weekend.. i wish you lots of fun visiting your family..

xoxo, andie
Fashionista's Pick

JOIN MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

Heather on April 30, 2012 at 6:02 AM said...

Amen! I soooo need a vacation :) In May I'm visiting my brother in Atlanta and can't wait!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

kita on April 30, 2012 at 7:05 AM said...

I love vacations if and when I ever get to go on one. When I use to live along the coast I would go take a walk on the beach and that was kind of like a vacation....for the day.

SweetIntent on April 30, 2012 at 10:27 AM said...

25 days until my much needed vacation break... so excited for my girls trip to Florida

winetastegirl.com on April 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM said...

Oh I love Chicago! You all have fun. I'm sure Memphis has some really great festivals also. You should try them out and let me know!
www.winetastegirl.com

Baby Shopaholic on April 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM said...

Girl please! I never get vacays! Need to start

Mode Haven on April 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM said...

Sounds fun!! I was originally supposed to go to Chicago in May, as well for my birthday but doesn’t look like it’s happening…trip is more than I thought it would be so will try for later this year or next instead. Heading to visit family and a attend a wedding in Haiti in July, so I get a taste of the Caribbean while I’m there and taking mini trips all year to DC, AC, LA and Chicago as well! I rarely take trips so this year I’m making the most of anytime I can get !!

Jayme and Mendi on April 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM said...

I totally agree with you on at least one vacation. The times where I have not gone anywhere I end up feeling burnt out by the end of the year and that's not fun. I'm going to the Dominican Republic this year for my cousins wedding. Can't wait!! Chicago sounds like fun. Mendi went for the first time last year and it became her favorite city!

jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

CurlyHead on April 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM said...

Indeed!

Stacy Vason on May 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM said...

That is so true. Since I started Stacy Vason HairCare that has consumed every single moment of my life. Even when I do travel it has something to do with my company. It is definitely time for mee to step away for at least a couple of days. I am thinking on a beach some where.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews