Tuesday, April 24, 2012

8th Annual Taste of Jubilee Blue Streak Fundraiser


Saturday, my sister n law and I attended a fundraiser for the Blue Streak Scholarship Fund. It raises money for inner city children so that they can get an education within the Catholic Diocese of Memphis  Jubilee Schools. 87% of the children who attend the Jubilee schools come from families living at or  below the poverty line. 

The fundraiser took place at The Pink Palace Museum. I was glad to attend because, I have never visited this museum and I have lived here over 10 years. The Taste of Jubilee is where the fine restaurants of Memphis come together in one location with a tasting of a famous or new dish for you to sample. When I say we were stuffed when we left and didn't even have the chance to taste every restaurant, I am not kidding. It was so good! 


I wore a Marc by Marc Jacobs dress from a local upscale consignment called Celery,  wedges from Sole Society, and an old Signature Coach handbag, 


This was just one of the crowded rooms


There was a silent auction of local art, antiques, and jewelry

This was the best item there! It may not look like it but this drunken fig and goat cheese on bruschetta was so good. 

Rachel and I ( Don't pay that sauce stain on the boob any attention!)





We had a great time for a great cause! I will be going back next year! 

Do you like my dress from the consignment shop? Notice, I changed my hair color?!

9 comments:

winetastegirl.com on April 24, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

Love the Pink Palace and you look fabulous! You should definitely start up a Bunco group. It's so much fun!
www.winetastegirl.com

Mode Haven on April 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

Love the new hair color. I'm lol becasue i didnt notice the boob stain until you mentioned it. Looks like it was a great event and I love the dress!!

TiaLou on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM said...

Both of you look super cute! Love the hair!!!

So Lonely in Gorgeous on April 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM said...

What a great event! You look beautiful darling!! By the way, I've tagged you :)

Baby Shopaholic on April 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM said...

Love that dress! Can I borrow? You look fab!

Cecilia on April 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM said...

You look gorgeous, Rhonda! Love the Marc Jacobs ;)

Cecilia on April 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM said...

You look gorgeous, Rhonda! Love the Marc Jacobs ;)

Fashion Pad on April 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM said...

Love the dress AND the new hair color...werk it diva!

Blogger on January 15, 2017 at 12:01 AM said...

Shop For Genuine Designer Handbags Online.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews