Monday, March 19, 2012

Motivational Mondays

Happy Monday! First I want to say thanks for all of the positivity on Friday. I was ranting and I apologize! I took the post down because I do not want any visiting readers to get the wrong impression. Again thanks for the comments! I am all good.

One of my friends came to visit me this weekend and we got on the topic of people staying in bad conditions and not wanting more for themselves. We have some in contact with a lot if that mentality lately. For example, one who has not completed high school, has a job, can move up in the job, but refuses so they will not lose their welfare benefits. Or one who thinks that if you have a good profession and you are of African American culture, you act as if you are of the Caucasian descent. Someone told me that but in another format. What does that mean? "No one knows what it means!' They throw stones at you because you succeed and keep #winning.

Some of you may not experience these occurrences or may have never heard of them but I am here to tell you that it happens a lot. This is one of the reason I am so dying to move (there are many more i.e., we don't have a Neimans, Nordstroms, H&M, Cheesecake Factory, Pappadeuax. etc) I want to surround my self with prestige, educated humans, and inspiration. Is that wrong? Why go to school to further our education? Why move away from the ghetto we grew up in? Why want more out of life? I tell you why- because we can!! It is the way it should be. Evolution justifies it.... we are to keep persevering to get better and better. So put your all in to everything that you want to do and there is no reason you should have to dumb it down or feel bad for your success.

What do you think?


6 comments:

Heather on March 19, 2012 at 5:57 AM said...

It's your life girl! Go get it!!!!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

kita on March 19, 2012 at 7:01 AM said...

We can but some choose not to. I know quite a few people who can succeed but choose to live off the government because it's easier.

TiaLou on March 19, 2012 at 8:53 AM said...

I can't in good conscience not encourage those types of people to do better. If they have the information and choose not to, they will have to live with their decisions. Keep striving!
XoXo,
Tia

Baby Shopaholic on March 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM said...

I totally feel you! Some want things handed to them. They hate on what you have but they don't know how hard you worked for them! Folks don't need to complain if they don't try.

Wida on March 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM said...

Um, are we kinda living the same lives? We don't have many good things where I live in Ohio. I feel the same way :/

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Jayme and Mendi on March 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM said...

I grew up in the "country" and have seen similar things. I have some family members that have the means but just don't care to want better for themselves for their children. Blows my mind! There's nothing wrong with working hard and doing your thing.
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews