Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

Happy Valentine's Day!  Hubby and I celebrated with an eventful weekend with the Kevin Hart Let Me Explain Tour and the New Edition Concert. It was kind of crazy going to 2 events in 2 days since we have not been able to really go to 1 in a month. But we are getting a little bit of our groove back! LOL! Nadia did not even notice we were gone but I missed her soooo much!

It was crazy because at Kevin Hart's comedy show, they banned the use of cell phones since it was his first show of the tour and they did not want material to leak! Rules were if you got caught even looking at your phone you would be forced to leave. That was hard! I snook and looked a few times inside of my purse just to make sure the babysitter was not contacting me.  Anyhow, it was a funny show. The opening act was funny too! I forget their names.

As my story goes, I don't have a camera or a camera man so I only have a couple of pictures. None of my entire outfits. I am so sorry. When I return to work, I will get me a camera and a camera man! LOL!!! My hubby will take pictures sometimes but I don't want to wear him out!


At the Orpheum for Kevin Hart 

Leather bow cuff from a PoshMark sale, Betsey Johnson tights, and Paul and Joe red clutch..... 

The New Edition Concert was great! We had just heard word of the passing of Whitney Houston and I did not want to go. I even thought that NE would not perform because it was reported that Bobby Brown would not make it out as he was torn up. Yet, he did and he did the best he could. Kci and JoJo opened and were a hot mess. Drunk and slurring JoJo was an embarrassment to us all! You may wonder why the seats look empty in my section.... We sat where no one was allowed. Even though we had great tickets, it was so packed in our area that the usher let us sit here.  Here is a video of Bobby introducing himself and telling Whitney he loves her. I got a lot of videos but I am in the background singing and yelling. I think it sounds to hood to post! LOL!




Memphis is stepping up their game with the amount of shows we have! Trey Songz is coming but I saw him 2 years ago. I will pass this time. 

Do you like going to concerts and comedy shows?






4 comments:

Mimi on February 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM said...

I saw Kevin Hart awhile back for the live version of Laugh at my Pain. Hilarious. I would definitely see him again.

I saw K-Ci and Jo Jo in one of thos chittlin circuit plays that made its way here and they were a mess then. That must've been at least 6 years ago. Sad.

I will go to a concert but I think the ticket prices are so ridiculous I just find it hard to justify, but I do love me a comedy show!

Rhonda on February 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM said...

Kci and Jojo will never be the same! I saw the in 1995 and 1996 and they were the bomb! Drug and alcohol abuse are something terrible!

SweetIntent on February 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM said...

Kevin Hart tickets came n sold out that same week.... thats awesome u were able to attend w/ the hubby. Awwww Happy Vaslentines Day.

I Loooove Trey Songz... I have yet to been at a concert of his, I missed out on an awesome opportunity though :/ smh.

Baby Shopaholic on February 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

LOL @MIMI! Chittlin circuit! You look cute but I am going to need more outfit shots : )

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews