Monday, February 13, 2012

Motivational Mondays


First, I want to say RIP Whitney Houston. I absolutely loved her and I always will! My grandfather did too. I think everyone did and they were so excited to see her progress and move forward with her life and make a major comeback. I pray for her family. Bobby Brown struggled at the New Edition concert Saturday night after hearing of the news but he made it out on stage. I will have more details of the concert tomorrow. Pray for all of her family and friends. She will NEVER be forgotten.

I wanted to address my friends and followers who do not have plans for Valentine's Day or do not have a special someone worth spending Valentine's day with. Sometimes when these holidays and romantic days come around, people ask, " hey, what do you have planned today?". This implying that you must have something planned. You must have someone to spend this day with. You must be so excited about it. If you don't then there must be something wrong with you. Please do not go this route with your thoughts or feelings. In this day and age, it is SUPER difficult to find a compatible companion. It gets to the point where you feel you have to settle or accept what you get. You don't. Some of us believe that if he buys you things he is great. Or if you have a child with him, you have to stay. Or even, he will change and start treating you the way you should be treated later. He won't. So don't settle. Love is so beautiful it should be done right! Believe me, I know! If I didn't meet my Hubby, I would still be out there dating and going through the drama that goes along with it. It seems to be 1 great guy for every 20 guys. But God will intervene and give you the desires of your heart when you let go of all of the negative and non-productive parts of your life.

If you do have these problems or if you have no one special in your life right now.... don't mope. Everyone does not experience love at the same time in life. It will come... just be patient and invest time into yourself and your dreams. Love on a family member of best friend if you want to. Take them to the movies or out to dinner. If you just want to be alone, start a journal. It does the body good!

Whatever you do, enjoy tomorrow and do not mope. We will spend the night in with Nadia and take pictures!

6 comments:

lucia m on February 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM said...

i know!! so sad

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Heather on February 13, 2012 at 5:52 AM said...

Great message girl - totally agree! After many crappy relationships, I'm finally in a place where I can enjoy a good guy who treats me right and makes me laugh.. I've realized that's all I need :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

SweetIntent on February 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM said...

yep so true... so many started talking both positive + negatively about Valentines Day once it was February. But anyways RIP Whitney Houston

kita on February 13, 2012 at 11:44 AM said...

I agree I have been to the place where I have mopped around for Valentines but now it's a day for me to love myself. Whitney Houston will be miseed.

Fashion Pad on February 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM said...

Excellent post boo! I do not have a "special" someone in my life right now and I swear people think I must be super lonely. Ummm....I'm not. I have a fab family, awesome friends, and I know God is continually preparing me for greatness. He knows the desires of my heart so I know that everything will happen when its supposed to.

Nellie on February 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM said...

LOVE this attitude about v-day!! I need you to call a couple of my friends lol

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews