Monday, February 20, 2012

Motivational Monday

Happy Monday! I hope you all had an awesome weekend and you are thankful for what you do have. I missed Whitney's tribute because I was at a wedding using Pouts and Winks (my upcoming makeup line)! It went well! My makeup artists did a fantastic job and it was a great way to introduce my products to get the word out. Yay! The epic fail is when I tell you I left my new awesome camera at home that I just received for Valentines Day from Hubby. I have a few on iPhone and will post later this week.

Anyhow, today I just want to say- don't let the unwelcome guests like self doubt and self pity barge into your home! They shatter your dreams and spoil your high hopes. To keep them out, we need to strategize a self improvement plan. Analyze yourself and figure out 5 things that you do not like about yourself. Remove them from your life and things are bound to be better! It's like tearing down old walls and getting all new with new art and new paint!

I will share my 5 things I do not like about me:

I procrastinate which leads me to rushing.

I plan things in my head but don't follow through with them because I have either forgotten or become afraid of end result.

I watch too much TV- I used to read a lot! I have books on my Nook,on the bookshelves that I want to read.

I forget to pamper myself. For instance, I should have gotten my feet done a month ago. Just a thing that I enjoy that's for me but I haven't and now I look like Beast from XMen because I have been doing other things. But I know how to do great pedicures-I can do my own when I cannot make it to the salon.

I trust in others too much and get let down. I should not think that everyone will be like me. I have been trying to understand how people will tell you that they will definitely do something and never follow through. I try my best to keep my word and even bend over backwards for others but they do not reciprocate. My husband has never let me down and I have a few friends who are trustworthy. Beyond that, I have to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. It halts my progress.

Do you have any things you know you need to fix for yourself?

8 comments:

Baby Shopaholic on February 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM said...

I think I worry or think about things too much. I wish I can just let it go easier

Tammy on February 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM said...

We are so much alike.. I can so relate to your "5 things about me"...My biggest thing is procrastinating to the last minute

Tammy

Jayme and Mendi on February 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM said...

Thanks for sharing your 5 things! I totally think I procrastinate. Why? I have no idea but sometimes I get lazy and can't shake it. You comment about your feet looking like a beast from XMen cracks me up because my feet are so not pretty right now. They need some LOVE!
Thanks so much for your comment on the Winter Besties TAG. We love LUSH and that lip scrub is FAB. We'd love to see your first vlog!! Let us know when you do it and we for sure want to watch it and subscribe to your YouTube channel. It's all about supporting each other!
Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Heather on February 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM said...

Aw I love this! I hear ya - I watch waaaay too much bad TV... and don't ever stop trusting people - it's a fabulous quality and while some people will let you down, others will surprise you :)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Rhonda on February 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM said...

I should have put that down too! I'm a a worry wart!

TiaLou on February 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM said...

Great post! I can def identify 5 things (or more)!!!

Fashion Pad on February 22, 2012 at 5:48 AM said...

You and I are definitely on the same page with two of these: I procrastinate which leads me to rushing AND I forget to pamper myself. I still am holding on to a spa gift card from Christmas. SMH

Mode Haven on February 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM said...

I am definitely learning to do more for myself, I tend to put everyone before myself and sometimes you do need to treat yourself to nice things or a bit of pampering. We all work so hard so why not? I also need to do what I say when I say I'm going to do it...procrastination seems to be my biggest fault and hinders my progress so much!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews