Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Early Withdrawal

So I am witholding shopping for 40 days starting today! If any of you know me, I can not live without shopping! So hopefully I survive this. It is for Lent and to be honest, I have not given up anything for Lent in over 4 years. The last time, I gave up sweets and was going through a major withdrawal. It was a toss up between sweets and shopping because they are both HUGE challenges for me. I had to put this in writing and share with my readers because this blog will be my venting grounds. I found a Twitter partner to go through it with me as well as a friend of  a friend. We will be each other's support system. Beleive me this is MAJOR! So wish us luck, pray, and all of that good stuff! I will have a lot of posts about things I want to buy!!

The last thing I bought was last night a Fearless tee-shirt from Divinitee. Check them out!

Do you mind sharing if you are and what you are giving up for Lent?

8 comments:

Mode Haven on February 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM said...

I am giving up sweets and fast food for Lent...not sure I can give up on the shopping but as of today I haven't bought anything yet so I should try to hold off on that as well :-)!!

Baby Shopaholic on February 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM said...

Your a good one! I think I would have to be checked in hospital

TiaLou on February 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM said...

I'm with you! We def have to hold each other up!

Tammy on February 22, 2012 at 10:53 PM said...

I did that last year and TRUST me it was hard... I don;t know what I will give up but it wont be shopping this time..

Tammy

Fashion Pad on February 23, 2012 at 5:10 AM said...

Yaaayyyy!!! I'm so proud of you :-) I gave up shopping one year and of course I flatlined a couple of times but I made it, lol. When it got really bad, besides praying, I would go online and "save item for later" to make me feel instant gratification. I know.....so sad.

Rhonda on February 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM said...

Cool idea! I may just do that... because I am starting to think I chose the wrong thing!!! LOL!

Rhonda on February 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM said...

I know I am only 2 days in but I do not think I can do this!!

Rhonda on February 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM said...

I am on y way there now! LOL! I made a huge mistake picking this!! BUt I am going to hang in there!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews