Monday, January 30, 2012

Motivational Mondays

Happy Monday! I have to say that I had a relaxing low key weekend. I managed to finalize a location for my launch party/trunk show for the makeup line! More to come on that later.  Hubby and I went on a date with Nadia to eat at a restaurant that I remember as being good but it wasn't this night. I finally watched Straw Dogs which was a crazy and slow movie but it ended up being OK in the end. I hit the mall with  Nadia and managed to have lunch with a friend. After listing all of this, I guess I had a packed weekend!

Anyhow, I want to talk about productivity. I have found that I have some ways about me that need some improving in order to be productive. This is more than important now since we have a little one. See, before there was a Nadia... there was just Hubby and I. We could go and come as we please..... I could leave shoes around anywhere and get them later.... I could let days go by without doing a single chore... I know this sounds lazy but in actuality it's not! So now, things have to change. I don't want to trip over one of my shoes while carrying her, ya know?! I just want to be better.

I have always been a multi-tasker but in different areas of my life. So now I am learning the ropes of being a multi-tasker with everything. To be productive you have to juggle! Thus, i have list of things to make life a little easier and erase procrastination:

Hard tasks first: Whatever I am dreading to do, i am doing it first to get it out of the way like washing clothes!

Batch: I am going to call my family members while driving to the grocery or cleaners. This way the drive will seem shorter and I will be connecting with my family which I am trying to do a better job of doing.

Set a date or deadline: If there is no set date to wash clothes then maybe it should be Sunday! I feel better about it and I know it will get done.

Make clear decisions: If I need to make a decision about a small task or goal, I am giving myself 2 minutes to decide so that I will not over think or over analyze. Now, this is regarding small tasks and issues...

21 Day rule: If I am adding a new habit to my lifestyle, like Zumba, I want to commit to it for only 21 days to have a temporary relationship with so I will not feel intimidated by a long one.


Do you have any tricks of the trade, rules of thumb, or tips to boost productivity? Did my list motivate you some way?

4 comments:

Metch on January 30, 2012 at 7:35 AM said...

Happy Monday to you too!

I am looking forward to reading a post and seeing pics from your launch party. How exciting.

On another note I have learned that my mom has been right all these years...procrastination is the devil... here's to a day/week/month/years of constant productivity for all!

Good luck with the 21 day challenge. Keep us posted on that too.

CurlyHead on January 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM said...

Those are some good rules to follow. I like to get chores done super early in the day so I have the rest of the day to do whatever. I like your 21 day rule. I may apply this to a few things in my life as well.

Jayme and Mendi on January 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM said...

All fantastic goals! Sunday is definitely my laundry day...and sometimes it runs over into Mondays. ;)

We just found your blog & we're now following!

Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Fashion Pad on January 31, 2012 at 5:34 AM said...

I don't have any special tips but I do write everything down. That seems to give me a sense of accomplishment when I check "completed" items off my list. Other than that, I have to improve my productivity as well and use my time more efficiently.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews