Monday, January 2, 2012

Motivational Mondays- Vision Board Party

A great way to start your year and to put your thoughts to a visual is to create a vision board. I am in the process of planning a small gathering for myself a 5 of my friends to create our 2012 vision boards. If you were an Oprah fan you have heard of these. I just recently read about them on a few blogs like Divas and Dorks and Loving Brown Sugar. I am so hype to get mine done.

The purpose of a vision board is to create a collage of visual stimulation relevant to your goals. Family, work, entrepreneurship, wellness, marriage, relationships, spirituality, and education are some of the topics that you can focus on. You choose. It should not be forced but what comes from your heart and mind.



Magazines, poster board, scissors, and glue are the necessities. Doing this in a group is more motivating because you share your ideas and goals with the group which is an encouraging part of the project. You place your board somewhere you will be able to see it daily. At the end of 2012 you can review all of the realizations that came from it!  I will have some wine and snacks to assist! I am hoping to do it this weekend or next.

Have you done this before or will you think about doing one this year?

4 comments:

Mrs. Collins on January 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM said...

Sounds like a great project!

Mode Haven on January 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM said...

Happy New Year and great idea! I do this at work when I have to put together trends for the upcoming season to give me an idea of where things are going but never thought about doing this in my personal life..makes sense though!!

Confessions of a Beautyholic on January 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM said...

I LOVE this idea! I always have my goals in my mind, but having a visible reminder is so much better!

Nikesha said...

Sound like a great idea......did u create it???

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews