Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Motivational Mondays

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all had a blessed Christmas weekend! We did! I had Christmas brunch here and we went to dinner at my in-laws. Nadia had a fabulous Christmas and Santa was very good to me as well!!! I will post pictures of her later this week under the Nadia Rose section.

So the new year is quickly approaching and this is the  time when we brainstorm and write down and share resolutions. From experience, it is always exciting to share them and jot them down and give ourselves a timeline and deadline to accomplish these goals but then as the weeks of January fly by so do the urgency and eagerness to fulfill these resolutions. Sure, we get a calendar, mark the date of when we will start our new diet and our Zumba or Kick boxing class. We get a journal, to document our progress of eating healthy. We call the credit card companies to set up automatic drafts from our checking in order to fulfill the goal of raising our credit score. We update our contacts in our cell phones so that we will keep in contact with family and friends so much better this year! We plan vacations with our partner, friends, or family with enthusiasm that will light up a room. But life happens and we do not prioritize these things that we really want to do. Then at this time of year the  next year we are doing the same thing again. Maybe we succeeded at a couple of them but we still have the same ole resolutions due to our behaviors staying the same.

The resolution should be for our behavior to change. If we keep up the same approach, nothing will be achieved! So let's plan. So if some one's resolution is to quit smoking, they need to know the obstacles that caused them to fail before or that they foresee causing them to fail now.One would be to stay away from people who smoke.  If I want to stop impulse spending, i need to change my behavior of signing on to Gilt Groupe and Haute Look everyday. I would have to stop looking online at things everyday that I know I cannot afford but want!

The most important thing we have to do is write down our visions and goals for the new year and have them placed where we can see them daily so we won't forget. That way we change a behavior to get there. I am planning on having a vision board party like Oprah talked about so many times. I read about it again on a few blogs including Divas and Dorks. I will post about those plans soon.

One of my new years resolutions is to finish what I start! What's one of yours?

2 comments:

Baby Shopaholic on December 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM said...

I have a few! I want to (not really) cook more. That will be a challenge!

kita on December 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM said...

I just have a few that I think I can manage. One is to lose 20 lbs I feel that is reasonable for someone like me.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews