Monday, December 19, 2011

Motivational Mondays

Happy Monday! You know how you get so many ideas while your sitting, showering, or sleeping but you never see them through... well I was thinking while holding my baby and this concept came up. It came to me after reading Lipgloss & Binky the other day! Mimi is a great blogger and I found her blog through Baby Shopaholic earlier this year! Well she is embarking on an endeavor similar to mine and she decided to post her progress! I have never done this...for one reason, self-consciousness. I am fearful of failure and for others to know. I have to get over that. How do I plan to spread the word and gain business if i don't share here first!

I am starting a makeup line for lips and eyes primarily. I started the process early this year but put it on hold due to pregnancy, heavy workload  in my career,  and need for more investors. I am in process of planning the launch now! I had problems with some people who were to do my website here locally.  So now I am scheduling that to be completed and planning a trunk show to spread the word here. I am also setting up a new photo shoot. You can check out some of the photos from the first shoot here.  I want to make sure I set out to do what I say I will do! I do not know why it is so difficult when it comes to myself! I have no problem getting other folks going and started. I have found that self doubt, fear and procrastination take over and i make excuses. No more, no more! So I thank Mimi for posting and I am rooting for her Christian inspired Tees by Divintee to be a success! I am rooting myself  on too. It helps when others motivate you! if you have any encouraging words to share please do. We will try to uplift and support one another and I am hoping you will participate!!

If you want to succeed in the world must make your own opportunities as you go on. The man who waits for some seventh wave to toss him on dry land will find that the seventh wave is a long time a coming. You can commit no greater folly than to sit by the roadside until some one comes along and invites you to ride with him to wealth or influence.
John B. Gough



Motivational Mondays will be aimed at life and business!

5 comments:

Baby Shopaholic on December 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM said...

If anyone can do it you can! I know this for sure! I will be cheering you on!

Santana Tolbert on December 19, 2011 at 10:48 AM said...

I agree. You are a woman of your word & you don't sell yourself dreams, you build them. You will be the best because you go hard in everything you set forth & you don't give up easily. Thouh it may not happen when you want it to, know that it will happen when you least expect it to. Good luck honey!

kita on December 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM said...

I think lifting each other up is great and we need to do it more often especially as ladies. I wish you much success and can't wait to see what you have in store.

Chanel Tonè on December 19, 2011 at 3:21 PM said...

I am truly going to forward to these Motivational Mondays! You need those to help jump start a successful week.

http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

Mimi on December 19, 2011 at 10:19 PM said...

I am with you about the fear of failure. That is the reason I decided to document my journey. I am so excited to see everyone expand and grow their businesses in the new year. Please let me know if there is any help I can offer you.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews