Sunday, December 11, 2011

Letter 2 My Son by Don Trip w Cee Lo Green ( Warning Vulgar Language)

Ok so i would not usually post anything with all of this cursing and referring to women as B the "B" word but I actually got introduced to this song by Hubby. (Not that he listens to a whole lot of cursing!!)  Then I started listening to it and I had to post. It sucks when the dad actually wants to see their child but the mother prohibits visitation because the man doesn't want to kick it with her anymore.  I come from the opposite end of the spectrum... My dad did not want to see us. My mom practically begged him to come see us... He was out f my life since I was 3 or 4.  She never dogged him though. She just apologized to us on his behalf. Fortunately, we had my grandfather who actually played both roles of mom and dad to us.

I do not understand any side. How can you not "want' to see your child? How can you not let the natural father see their child? Any way it goes, there will be issues that the little one will have to deal with and question as to why? 

I wonder sometimes how my life would have been different with him in it. I wonder if God kept him away because it would have been detrimental to have him there. I wonder if my brother would be a different "type" of man if my dad was involved. I wonder if he has any regrets for not being there or if he is content and could care less.

Anyhow, this song sparked these thoughts. I could go on and on...as a venting mechanism.  I will stop here though! Tell me what you think!

I am so happy that Hubby loves Nadia. I pray that he will be a great father figure throughout her life. I have no doubt about it but you still have to pray.


FYI: Christmas giveaways to come this week! Get excited!

1 comments:

PinkDiva02 on December 11, 2011 at 2:49 PM said...

The song is good but sad. Alot of guys go though that. But you have to be very careful who you have a baby with. I thank God daily that my son's father and I get along.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews