Saturday, December 31, 2011

Blog Resolutions and Goals


Happy New Year! 2012!!!! 

I am in process of making life resolutions: I am doing things a little differently this time around. I will make some with Hubby, I will make some for blog, for business launch, for work, and for being a mom. I am being specific this time instead of general.

I started this blog originally on another site and it was just for me at first! i know, dumb right? I was having fun posting and looking at my desires in fashion and in life and was scared to let people know what I was doing! I would post pictures of me and Hubby on vacation, outfits that I thought I looked cute in, ideas for makeup and hair but only I was seeing it! So then my BFF started Baby Shopaholic  and it took off! It inspired me to start again but I did not post any of my outfits, any tutorials, or vacations pics! I still love doing this for fun and as a hobby and free time for myself since I am a new mom with a changed life and schedule. I know that my follower number is low on here, but there are people who read my blog daily. Even though, I do this for me, I still want to see the following increase, the numbers and I love comments.  JayZ said it, "Women lie, men lie, numbers don't".  So am i kidding myself to think I have a chance in this blogging industry? I would be ecstatic with 100 faithful followers! I was going to put it by the wayside but I like blogging so i am not. It is an outlet for me. I have met some wonderful people on here and I would love to meet more! So I have decided to have some resolutions and goals and do it for another year!

Here they are:

1.  Share more of my day to day and my feelings. I have found that I get more feedback on those posts and they help me relate and understand.

2.  I will post an outfit of the week of myself and of Nadia. I love putting on clothes and people usually ask me where did I get something or what made me pair this with that. I will attempt to be faithful on this.

3. If I go on  a trip ( hopefully soon, I feel a need for new scenery) then I will post about it with pictures.

4.  I will be more diligent in reading other blogs that I follow. How do I expect them to come check me out if I cannot check them out on a regular?

5.  I will invest in a better camera (maybe upgrade from Iphone 4g to  Iphone 4S which takes spectacular photos or a Nikon)

6.  I will have 2 blog events this year. The first will be for HIV awareness Rock the Red Pump Campaign. Even if it is small, I am doing it!

7. I will continue to share my Thursday's Thirsts but do an update when I actually get some of those items. I have but never shared.

8.  I will share my entertaining tips and recipes more often! I love to entertain and I love to try new recipes. I need to start back because I feel as though I have been  in a slump since the title and responsibility of motherhood has overcome me. I have to get me back... more of that in the mom resolutions.

9. I will vlog!

So there, it's written, it's posted and let's see what happens.  You can leave a comment of what you would like to see more of on here. It will not offend me.


If you are a blogger, are there any changes or improvements you are planning to make?

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates

Thanks to all of my readers!!!

Happy Monday and Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

kita on December 31, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

I think a camera is in my future also. My little camera is no good to put pictures on blogs. Love all of your changes. Happy New Year

The Tiny Closet on December 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM said...

Love the list. I am in the process of making one myself! Happy New Year and may 2012 be the best year yet!!

http://thetinycloset.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Collins on January 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM said...

Great list! Happy New Year! I'd love to dedicate more time to my blog, probably after I'm done with school later this year. I try to update my blog at least once a week but it's difficult to do at times. Good for you on sticking with it and I look forward to your posts! :-)

Mimi on January 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM said...

I am hoping to brand my blog. It's been a year and a half of learning the ropes. I have big plans, now I just have to make them happen. Can't wait to see your new features!

TiaLou on January 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM said...

I <3 Trina!!! She is so inspirational! Great resolutions! Let's keep each other motivated!!!

http://ifiwereabritgirl.blogspot.com/

Baby Shopaholic on January 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM said...

Thanks Tia! You have some great goals. I love Thursday Thirsts! You find the best stuff out there.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews