Monday, December 5, 2011

Adopt A Family for Christmas



So I spoke of this in a previous post that we will be adopting a family to help them have a great Christmas! Now, usually I would not be telling everyone of his because some think it is boasting...It's not!  I am spreading the word now and hoping that you will consider to help a family or two this year.

I am a believer that giving is oh so better than receiving.  Anyhow, there are  number of ways to do this...

You can help a family out that you know.... relatives, co-workers, friends, or neighbors
Ask them if they are needing anything this Christmas and if they will accept your offering.  Do not just give money, ask sex, sizes, ages, and ethnicity. These are crucial to buy appropriate gifts. Try to do alot of your shopping at Walmart or another budget friendly location. Now, some families may just need a meal.  You can grocery shop for them or cook a meal to deliver to them. Whatever floats your boat. Schedule a time and location to meet and greet and drop off your goodies. You can stay anonymous if you like and have someone else deliver but the graciousness on their faces, you may not want to miss.

If you do not want to do this, there are charitable organizations and social services that you can contact to bless someones else's life that you do not know. Salvation Army, Volunteers of America, Catholic Charities,  Bank of America and others. You would have to contact your local charity to see what program they have in place like this.





Will  you consider helping another family? It can be as little as $25.00 to as high as you want to go. Make it count. Let me know if you will! 

2 comments:

kita on December 5, 2011 at 7:29 AM said...

Great idea I did this years ago before my kids came. It's a great gift to give to others. I think if you have it people should help others. I don't have it this year to help but when I do I will make sure I give back.

Mode Haven on December 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM said...

I'm not in a position to adopt a family this year but I will definitely be donating whatever I can.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews