Thursday, October 6, 2011

Body Silkening Almond Sugar Scrub Made at Home

Hey! I made some body scrub! It only takes 10 minutes and yields 4 applications with this recipe I give to you! I love it! I have made it before but never got a chance to share.   Check it out!

Ingredients and Supplies: Light brown sugar, white sugar, aloe vera gel,  almond extract,   measuring cups, and small tupperware bowl 

2 cups brown sugar


1 cup white sugar 

Add 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel until smooth by stirring. There will be a few clumps

Add 4 teaspoons of your favorite lotion. I chose the Vaseline Aloe  Fresh to go with the aloe vera gel and because I love this lotion.  Stir and smooth 


Add 1/2 teaspoonful of almond extract for flavor. You can use whatever  scent you like. I prefer almond over  vanilla. 


Transfer to a small plastic container and smooth around. You have to refrigerate this. This will be discarded after 14 days if not used.   Clean up your space and supplies afterwards.  I say this because I have a tendency to leave stuff everywhere... I am trying to do better! I cleaned up after! 

To use: Get in shower or tub and rub on wet skin and scrub lightly. You will love it!

I will post my Vanilla Orange Salt Scrub next week!! So fun!!!

Oh and Happy Anniversary to me and Hubby!! 4 years! Anniversary Post coming soon!

Comments?

4 comments:

CurlyHead on October 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM said...

I love a good sugar scrub and the end result! Happy Anniversary BFF!!

Baby Shopaholic on October 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I never thought to make sugar scrub! Great post!

Mimi on October 6, 2011 at 2:12 PM said...

I am going to try this. I got some a few weeks ago in a swag bag from an event I went to and thought to myself I would make some. Just didn't get around to looking up the recipe. Well here it is!!

Oh. I soooo feel you on the clean up part. I can be such a slob. When I'm done I just walk away like I'm not the one who will eventually be cleaning it up. I need to do better!

Mode Haven on October 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM said...

Happy Anniversary!!
I have to try this scrub this weekend...I have most of the ingredients at home, great post :-)!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews