Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's my style?

I decided to post this after it  has been sitting in my drafts of my previous blog for a while and I never posted! I was just thinking one day after my Hubby asked me what is my style? I really don't have a definite style. I like many different varieties of fashion and I base them on occasions, mood, and cost!  I started this blog for fun and as a hobby to share my ideas on style and life. Many of my friends and even people on the street ask me things about my wardrobe choices, makeup, and accessories.Not so much since I have been preggers. They even call to ask my opinion on what to wear where!  That doesn't make me an expert but it does make me want to blog!!  

1. Brights or monochromatic? Brights in some form or the other. I love color. Even if it is just a bright lip and plain color clothes. I will

2.  Flowing, soft lines or fitted? I actually like both. I don't think you should have all of one fit in your closet. I like some pieces fitted, some structured, sometimes loose and comfy, or lightweight.

3.  Manicured nails or acrylics?  I now say manicured nails. I love a painted natural nail even though I was a nail tech for years and did all shapes and lengths of acrylic nails... I moved on! I love colors too. I buy polish every chance I get!

4.  Natural hair, weave, or flat-ironed and styled? Anyone who knows me, knows I am all of the above. I wear my hair natural and curly at times, I love sew ins, and I love to have silky straight tresses. So I am an around the way girl when it comes to hairstyles. I am so anxious to change my hair color after baby arrives.

5. What influences a style or wardrobe choices? I love Elle and Vogue. I  also tend to people watch on blogs and TV shows. It may not be the actual outfit that inspires me, rather than the colors and silhouettes.  I am so looking forward to getting some cheetah or leopard print booties this winter to do some pattern mixing with my styles. Sometimes, I envision a look for me or Hubby and I go get the essentials to make it work.

6.  My favored makeup look? I can do minimal and I can do sensuous. I tend to keep it chic and modern and  steer away from the "too much" makeup look.


7. What message do I want to deliver when I get dressed to go out? I like to send the message to myself for the most part. I want to be confident and feel that I look good. If you look good you feel good. If you look awful, you feel awful! That's my philosophy. 


Here are a few pics from the last 12 months or so of a few different looks.  Of course the face gets fuller in a few! But you can see my versatility with hair, makeup, jewelry, etc.
Me ( left) with friends getting ready to go out for BFF's bday ( middle)  in Cancun.  

Going to someone's birthday party last year. Earrings were from The Limited and Necklace from Charlotte Rousse.


Hubby and I after Babyface concert! I had on some cute Jeffrey Campbells that my BFF from The Baby Shopaholic picked up for me but didn't get a full shot to show them off



I had on red lipstick this night... guess it faded away!
II


A more classic do.. When I get my hair straightned I get it curled so it can fall the next day. Presently, my hair is maybe 2-3 inches longer than it is here.


Loved this look and this night! Posed before Hubby took me out and I had a GREAT night!


I was 3 months preggers in this photo! Can you tell in the wideneing of face?!!!

One of my favorite Essie colors Turquoise and Caicos

A dress from Gap that I loved but couldn't get because I was almost 4 months and that was the biggest size!




Ok that's all for now. I will do a pregnancy post soon. I have soo many photos that I took on my IPHONE that show me as I grew!


What's your style? 

5 comments:

Neris / Fashion Fractions on September 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM said...

this was a fun post to read! I would say my style is playful :)

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Baby Shopaholic on September 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

Your so cute!!! I don't have a set style either.

CurlyHead on September 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM said...

Can't say I have a set style, pretty much go with the flow (depending on mood, event, weather, etc). I def love bright, colorful pieces, natural hair, minimal makeup (on a daily basis), and accessories! Nice pics - def shows your versatility!

Tammy on September 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM said...

Beautiful... you look so beautiful.. Loving this post & being able to see the real you as well.
As a set style I think mine is all over the place.. It changes everyday

Tammy

Beale Street Chick on September 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM said...

I'm always interested in seeing maternity style. :)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews